With new technology, designs, and colors, many homeowners are finding that having asphalt shingles installed on their new roofs is a good decision. Many building materials are constantly improving, and asphalt shingles are too! Asphalt shingles are sometimes referred to as architectural or composite shingles. Other times, one might call asphalt shingles “three-tab shingles” due to the three tabs that are on the bottom of the shingle. One clearly sees the tabs on the shingles when they are being installed on a roof, but the other shingles overlap and “hide” the tabs when the roof is completed. Though the shingles are referred to by different names, asphalt remains a “top of mind” popular roofing choice with both homeowners in the Tri-Cities and the Yakima Valley.
Here are a few reasons why owners may choose asphalt shingles for their roofs:
- Reasonably Priced: Asphalt shingles are generally more reasonably priced than other types of roofing materials, such as metal or slate. This makes asphalt a good choice for homeowners who are looking for a budget-friendly option.
- High Performance: Asphalt shingles are strong and can withstand a variation of weather conditions, including wind, rain, and temperature fluctuations. Asphalt shingle roofs typically last 20-30 years, which makes them a solid choice. With new technology, some asphalt makers are now offering asphalt roofing systems that have a life-span of 50 years with incredibly strong wind warranties. Homeowners in high wind and extreme temperatures like the Tri-Cities and the Yakima Valley areas are increasingly choosing these complete asphalt roofing systems installed by elite roofers like A Quality Roof Now. These customers know they won’t have to worry about replacing their roof for a very long time when the roof has the required components and is installed by vetted and factory-trained roofers.
- Selection of colors: Asphalt shingles come in a selection of colors which help homeowners choose them for their unique styles of homes. The developers of asphalt shingles have created color variations in the shingles themselves to give roofs an attractive definition and dimension which look amazing on homes!
- Easy to care for: Asphalt shingles require little to no care. A roofing company like A Quality Roof Now can be called out to evaluate, make roof repairs, and remove organic materials like leaves and branches which might accumulate in roof valleys.This can help homeowners extend the life of their roofs.
- Eco-friendly: Asphalt shingles can be made from recycled materials. Efforts are even being made to begin recycling shingles when a roof is at the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced. Asphalt roofing is increasingly becoming an eco-friendly choice.
All together, the reasonable price, high performance, selection of colors, easy care requirements, and developing eco-friendly efforts of asphalt shingles amounts to a popular roofing choice for homeowners. A Quality Roof Now can help you decide if asphalt shingles will be a good choice for your roofing project. A Quality Roof Now’s friendly roofing contractor can help you decide which asphalt shingles to choose and install the right roof for your home.
For more helpful information and to schedule your roofing services, contact our friendly team today at 509-439-1783.